- Control and Supervision of Import-Export general loading, based on our Prevention programs included in 4 stages:
PREVENTION PROGRAM (SEA LOAD)
- Cargo Manifest and Ship Movement.
- On board identification of goods according to the Stowage Plan Reading (Protest Possibility).
- Unload Supervision (Reports and/or payroll issue according to supervised load types).
- Checking and Verification of Containers Safety Seals according to the Bill of Lading.
- Tally Sheet Comparison.
- Supervision of Container Opening with consolidated goods.
- Repacking of damaged bulk and load with possible damage refurbishing in order to avoid worsening and loss.
- Inventoried goods assistance up to the safety cage and certification of the inventory weight.
- Assistance up to the Storehouses, Zones of T.P.C. and other terminals.
- Attending the inventory (with special material for repacking: sealer stickers, tapes, etc.)
- Claim Letters Delivery to the Maritime, Shipping and/or Forward Agent.
- Advice regarding Packing.
PREVENTION PROGRAM (AIR CARGO)
- Reception at the air ramp (24hours)
- Goods supervision until they are officially delivered and received at the corresponding Air Terminal.
- Verification and Registration of bundle number, weight and delivery and receip conditions at the air Terminal.
- Bundles considered in bad conditions are repacked (sealed) by S.O.S. personnel before entering the Inventory Storehouse.
- Claim Letter properly issuance to Airline and Shipping company because of lost, bad conditions and weight difference bundles.
- Assistance at the Inventory.
- Recommendations and advice regarding packing when necessary.
PREVENTION PROGRAM (AIR AND MARITIME LOAD)
- Assitance in previous acknowledgments (Weight difference – bad condition bundle).
- Control and Supervision of Appraisal.
- SENASA inspections.
-PROGRAM PREVENTION (AIR AND MARITIME LOAD)
- Load supervisión (withdrawal date).
- Weight control at departure: T.P.C. scale and other Air and Maritime Terminals.
- Installation of hard link numbered Safety Seals with S.O.S. logo.
- Transport Supervision to the Insurer’s and/or Client’s Final Warehouse.
- Goods revision and checking based on documentation (Invoice-Packing List) ah the Final Warehouse.
- Issuance of Inspection Certificate.
- Assessment and remarks in case of possible damage and/or shortage.
- Loss assessment.
- Casualty origin and cause announcement (Recommendations and Advice).